07 July 2011
Thursday, July 07, 2011 · By Ramin asadi
How to Make Video Calling in Facebook:
- Go to https://www.facebook.com/videocalling.
- Click on Get Started.
- Select a friend from your chat list whom you want to call.
- Click on the video icon above the pop up chat window.
- A pop up window will come up asking to download a plugin named FacebookVideoCallSetup_v184.108.40.206.exe.
- Download and Install the plugin and start calling your friend.
How To Setup Facebook Video Calling In Mac OS X Lion:
due to some reasons the feature has been disabled for Mac due to its unofficial nature. Below are a few steps taken from Best Techie for enabling video calling for Mac browsers.
- Open Safari.
- Go to System Preferences.
- Under Advanced tab enable the developer menu.
- After clicking you will see a new menu option on the menu bar labeled “Develop”.
- Click on this and you can change the user-agent to something that will work with the Facebook Video Calling Service.
You can change the user-agent via a simple command in terminal. When Chrome is closed type the following in terminal.
open /Applications/Google\ Chrome.app –args -user-agent=”Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10_6_8; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.19 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.2.1 Safari/525.19″
Download the User Agent Switcher plugin for Chrome, that will allow you to switch the user-agent directly within the browser.
Download User Agent Switcher 0.7.3 and select the user-agent from the image below.
Once you have modified the user-agent you may also need to enable Facebook Video Calling for the first time. To do this simply navigate to http://facebook.com/videocalling and click get started.
For more news coverage, you can follow us on Twitter or become a fan on our Facebook page, we will keep you updated with posts over the web.